Cannabis Health & Safety Tips
There are several important tips to consider before consuming cannabis.
They include the following:
- Never drive after or while consuming cannabis. Cannabis products containing THC will produce impairment in motor skills, cognition and decision-making abilities.
- Avoid mixing cannabis and alcohol as it increases impairment.
- Using cannabis before the age of 25 may affect brain development.
- Avoid cannabis if you’re at risk for mental health issues, such as a family or personal history of psychosis or substance misuse.
- Avoid consuming cannabis if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid mixing cannabis with tobacco as it increases health risks and the likelihood of dependency.
- Keep cannabis safely out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not smoke cannabis with a child in the home. Secondhand smoke is a health risk.
For more information about health and social risks of cannabis consumption and how to lower your risks, visit justthefactspei.ca